Inline water filter is a water filter attached directly to the water running pipe underneath the sink in kitchen. It saves surface area in the kitchen and keeps it out of sight. They are always in operation constantly and there is no need for empty containers to take action to activate filters.
It’s an easy task to change the inline water filter. We are going to guide you step by step on the replacement of an inline water filter.
- Before going to replace the filter, you need to make sure that you get the right filter of the same model and on the right side of the application, you are going through. The next thing you have to turn off is the water supply. Now, relieve the pressure if you are using inline water with a water cooler.
- Inline water filters have two ends – the inlet and outlet. The thicker end is usually the inlet port and the narrower end is the outlet. The filter usually has the direction of flow marked on the sides with an arrow mark.
- Inlet filters are connected with quick connect fittings. It makes both installation and replacement very easy to carry out. Locate the little piece of tubing and collar by pushing down the collar. Slide the water filter tubing into the filter until its bottom comes out. Now pull it gently and effectively locking it in place. By pushing the collar down and slightly pushing the tubing and pulling it out again. So you’ll be able to remove tubbing easily.
- Once, you are done with this process, now turn on the water supply system for checking leakages if there are any. If you are using a carbon filter, flush the filter at-least for 10 minutes to remove carbon fines.
So you can see, replacing an inline water filter system is incredibly and fairly a simple process. Regardless either you are changing it on your water cooler or underneath the sink filter system. When you install a new filter system, always keep a record of the date by either marking it on the filter or by writing it down on the calendar.
What is a Water Filter Cartridge?
Cartridge filters are simple filters that are usually inserted into the housing and can be used to remove different kinds of particles, sediments, chlorine, and other chemicals. They can be made from different kinds of materials but mostly from wound strands of a material called polypropylene.
How to Change Water Filter Cartridge
It is too easy to change the water filter-cartridge in a couple of minutes. There is no need to call a plumber. These are the following steps used to carry out this process.
- First, we need to place a dry towel under the filter cartridge. Now we have to turn off the cold water tap underneath the sink and turn on the mixer tap. This releases pressure in the system and it’s become easier to change the old cartridge with a new one. Now just gently twist to the left and pull. The cartridge comes off easily. A little amount of water may release meanwhile wipe it off with a towel.
- Take your new cartridge of the same model and size you are replacing with the old one. Now place it on the head and line it up with cartridge lungs. Give it a good push by twisting it on the right side. It has been locked in and ready to go smoothly.
- Now your tap should start to run the water with full flow. Let the water run for 1-2 minutes to activate the water filter cartridge and it’s ready to fulfill all your kitchen needs.
It’s very easy to change the inline water filter and water filter cartridge by just following the simple and easy steps you read above. So, hope will be able not to maintain the kitchen area especially in changing water filter cartridge in a couple of minutes!!